2010年8月28日星期六

Vincent Jackson: ‘I understand the beast of the business’

San Diego Chargers wide receiver Vincent Jackson(notes) said he's ready to sit out the entire season due to an ongoing contract dispute.
The restricted free agent hasn't signed his cheap nfl jerseys one-year tender, which was reduced from $3.268 million to $583,000.
The Chargers have limited his agent, Neil Schwartz, from discussing a contract with any teams other than the Seattle Seahawks.
“Absolutely,” Jackson said during an NFL Network interview in Phoenix. “We’re prepared for that. The union comes and talks to us about the lockout possibly next year and I’ve been financially smart. I’m ready for the long haul, but again I miss football."
Placed on the roster exempt list, Jackson is also dealing with a three-game suspension for a pair of driving under the influence arrests.
According to the San Diego Union-Tribune, the deal-breaker for NFL teams interested in Jackson's services is his contract demands, which is reportedly a five-year, $50 million proposal that includes $30 million in guaranteed money. And the Chargers aren't inclined to give Jackson a long-term extension due to his history of off-field issues.
“I trust my agents,” Jackson said. “We’ve been trying to figure that out. Again, I trust my agents, they’ve been doing a great job 2010 nfl jerseys for me, but we really don’t have an idea right now.
"We’re not being granted permission to speak to other teams and we’re not even sure if they want to trade me. I would love to stay in San Diego. I miss being around my teammates, but again I understand the beast of the business."

没有评论:

发表评论